Why it’s so Important to Learn Something New
Автор: Ирина Нестерова
Рубрика: Английский язык
Нестерова И.А. Why it’s so Important to Learn Something New [Электронный ресурс] // Образовательная энциклопедия ODiplom.ru
Every time you learn something new you become something new.
Most of us have one or two areas of knowledge that we strive to know very well – things related to our jobs, of course, and maybe a hobby or two. But while it’s important to develop a deep understanding of the things that matter most to us, it is just as important to develop a broad understanding of the world in general.
I think that it’s very important to learn something new every day. To my mind we become more loyal and experienced. I understand learning something new can be a scary experience. But there are a lot of good, practical reasons to make learning something new a part of your daily routine, but the best reason has nothing to do with practicality – we are learning creatures, and the lifelong practice of learning is what makes us humans and our lives worthwhile. If that idealistic musing’s not enough, here are some more down-to-earth benefits:
- Learning helps us more easily and readily adapt to new situations.
- A broad knowledge of unfamiliar situations feeds innovation by inspiring us to think creatively and providing examples to follow.
- Learning deepens our character and makes us more inspiring to those around us.
- Learning makes us more confident.
- Learning instills an understanding of the historical, social, and natural processes that impact and limit our lives.
This is one of the maxims of my life – learn something new every day, to change myself for the future. Keep the brain active, don’t let life bring you down by it’s natural inclination to push you into a rut. In addition if you accomplish this small task, over time, bit by bit, your mental health is enhanced. There is something else I'd like to say is that only active and inquisitive people have perspectives in modern society.